WORK PERMIT APPLICATION
- WHAT IS A WORK PERMIT? WHY MUST APPLY FOR A WORK PERMIT?
The trend of integration and trade expansion amongst countries has increased the demand for the international workforce to live and work in Vietnam. However, for foreigners to work for Vietnamese businesses/companies legally, they must apply for Work Permit.
Work permit/ Work Permit Waiver is the type of document, which is granted by Vietnamese authority for foreign laborers, allowing them to move to Vietnam to live and work legally. Accordingly, if foreign citizens come to Vietnam to work but do not have one of these two types of documents will be considered as illegal labor and be penalized or deported from Vietnam. A business that employs labor illegally (labor is a foreign citizen and does not have a work permit/work permit waiver) will be penalized up to 75,000,000VND.
In contrast, after having a work permit, besides the main benefit of living and working in Vietnam for foreigners, they also will be protected by Vietnamese Laws (according to Vietnam labor laws).
- WHO WILL BE ABLE TO APPLY FOR A WORK PERMIT IN VIETNAM?
The following subjects will be granted a Work Permit
- Foreign citizens who are performing various types of labor contracts or agreements in Vietnam in the following fields, for instance: economic, commerce, finance, banking, insurance, scientific and technical research, culture, sport, medical, ….
- Job rotation in companies/businesses
- Investing in Vietnamese companies/businesses
- Service providers by legal contract or agreement in Vietnam.
- Labor who works for foreign non-governmental organizations or international organizations in Vietnam (These organizations must be allowed and licensed)
- Representative responsible for establishing a business in Vietnam.
- Managers, CEO, experts, skilled laborers come to Vietnam for work.
- Relatives of members of foreign embassies in Vietnam and permitted to work in Vietnam according to the laws of international conventions to which the Social Republic of Vietnamese is a signatory.
- WHO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BE ISSUED A WORK PERMIT?
- Being the owner or shareholder of a limited liability company with the value of contributed capital in accordance with the regulations of the Vietnam Government.
- Being a member or chairman of a joint-stock company with the value of contributed capital in accordance with the regulations of the Vietnam Government.
- Being a leader and responsible for the representative office in Vietnam
- A person takes the main responsibility for the activities of foreign NGOs or international organizations in Vietnam
- Foreign citizens who enter Vietnam less than 3 months per year as manager, expert, CEO, or skilled labor (the length of stay shall not be longer than 30 days/ time
- Foreign citizens who enter Vietnam less than 3 months to solve/troubleshoot complex technical/ technological issues which affect seriously production, business activities that Vietnamese experts, as well as foreign experts in Vietnam, are not capable to handle.
- Foreign lawyer who has been granted the License to practice law in Vietnam in accordance with the Vietnam regulations.
- Foreign who has married Vietnamese is currently working and living in Vietnam.
- A person who is granted a Work Permit by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam to work in the media or journalism field in Vietnam (according to regulations of Vietnamese Law)
- A person who is sent to Vietnam by foreign organizations for teaching and research at an international institute.
- Students who are studying at an overseas institute have an internship agreement in Vietnamese organizations/businesses.
- Special cases decided by the Vietnam Prime Minister.
- CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING FOR WORK PERMITS FOR FOREIGNERS
To apply for Work Permit, you need to fulfill one of these basic conditions:
- Prove that you have full capacity for civil acts (according to regulations of Vietnamese Law)
- Ensure that your health status will meet the job requirements
- Zero illegal acts and not being prosecuted for civil or criminal liability in accordance with Vietnamese Law.
Required documents for Work Permit Application:
- Health Certificate: Issued by an authorized medical organization (either from Vietnam or Oversea). The maximum validity shall be 12 months from the date of receipt that you are healthy to work.
- Judicial Record Certificate: This confirms that foreign worker is not currently prosecuted or obliged to execute civil, economic, or criminal judgments. The validity of a judicial record shall not exceed 6 months from the issuing date to the submission date
- Types of qualifications granted by foreign countries: including certificates of skills and qualifications, academic degrees, etc. Note, all these documents need by consular legalized, translated into Vietnamese, and notarized according to the regulations of Vietnamese law.
- Copies of personal documents or identity documents
- Notarized copies of passport (include all pages in passport). Note: passport shall still be valid according to regulations of Vietnamese Law.
- 02 profile picture (4cm x 6cm): Note: background must be white, no glasses and hat. The taken pictures shall not exceed 6 months from the application date.
Moreover, in some cases where the employee is a CEO / Expert, it is necessary to provide some additional documents/papers to prove that he/she is a CEO / Expert, qualified or skilled worker.
- VISALINKS WORK PERMIT SERVICES
Visalinks Work Permit services include:
- Issuing New Work Permit
- Re-issuing Work Permit
- Applying for Work Permit Exemption
- Work Permit Extension
- WHY CHOOSING VISALINKS FOR WORK PERMIT APPLICATION SERVICES
Choosing VisaLinks for Work Permit Application services, you will get the following benefits:
- Being consulted and answered all questions related to the Work Permit application process by experienced experts of VisaLinks
- Being analyzed document status, offered necessary solutions to submit extra documents (In case of the documents are insufficient)
- Being consulted and supported in work permit application procedures, health certificate, translation, notarization, consular legalization, and necessary declarations…
- Free consultation for arising services after receiving Work Permit. For instance: applying for a temporary residence card…
- PROCESS OF WORK PERMIT APPLICATION SERVICES AT VISALINKS
With many years of experience in this field, VisaLinks has standardized and optimized the Work Permit Application process, helping customers to minimize unnecessary difficulties during the process but efficiency remains the same.
The process of Work Permit Application services at VisaLinks includes these steps:
Step 1: Document preparation
Customers shall provide the status of their Visa (according to the available category) for VisaLinks.
Step 2: Document Analyzation
The VisaLinks experts will analyze the customer’s documents status. Hence, the experts will be able to consult and offer different necessary solutions to provide extra documents (In case of documents are insufficient) to ensure that VisaLinks can support customers to apply for Work Permit successfully and efficiently.
Step 3: Documents Submission
After customers agree with the direction and implementation of VisaLinks, they will hand over the documents to the VisaLinks team and make a deposit (if possible)
The team of specialists of VisaLinks will receive the documents and apply for temporary residence cards for customers.
Step 4: Get the Work Permit
The processing time of the Work Permit normally fluctuates from 30 to 45 days. After receiving the Work Permit, the specialists of VisaLinks will announce the good news to customers. The customers shall arrange the rest payment according to the contract and receive the Work Permit from VisaLinks.